Sunday, 30 September 2012
Saturday, 29 September 2012
Ger of the Country 18.8%: All India Survey on Higher Education Provisional ReportUnion Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Kapil Sibal, released the first Provisional Report of the ambitious All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE) here today. The report contains countrywide estimates of Gross Enrolment Ratio on the basis of data collected till July 31, 2012, from the Higher Education (HE) Institutions of the country including Universities, Colleges, and Stand-Alone Institutions.
The key idea behind this Survey and the resulting document is to prepare a sound database on the large and diverse system of Higher Education in the country. The Survey compiles and manages statistics directly online from respondent institutions. The Ministry has constituted a Task Force to carry out the Survey. This Task Force has representations from stake-holders including the Ministry, the UGC, the AICTE, various Regulatory Bodies, as well as Departments of Higher Education of the States. Shri Sunil Kumar, Chief Secretary of Chhattisgarh, the then Additional Secretary in the Department of Higher Education is its Chairman.
The Provisional Report contains statistical information on various aspects of all the Institutions of Higher Education in India. It is heartening to know that the overall Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) of the country stands at 18.8% (based on estimated figures collected till July 31, 2012). The estimated statistics are expected to be revised, considering that data is still being uploaded on the AISHE portal (http://aishe.gov.in or http://aishe.nic.in). Few more detailed reports will be released as the first year of the survey comes to a close. The Ministry has also taken a decision to continue the Survey on annual basis which will replace the existing manual system of data collection in higher education.
The entire survey has been voluntary, based on motivation of respondents; and without any statutory mandate in place for collecting information of this nature. It needs a Survey like this to bring out the correct and complete picture of the system so that relevant statistics are available to the Central Government as well as State Governments, in order to devise future policies. Besides, the Report will also create immediate awareness of the present status of the Higher Education and its growth since Independence till date.
Ministry-wise PIB releases
- President Opens the Doors of Rashtrapati Bhavan for Differently Abled and Underprivileged Children from Tamana Special School
- Ceremonial Changing of Guards not to be held on September 29 ! at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Prime Minister sets up the Architecture for Cash Transfers
- Foundation Day of Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science Tomorrow
- Shri Justice Altamas Kabir to Assume the Office of the Chief Justice of India tomorrow
- Ger of the Country 18.8%: All India Survey on Higher Education Provisional Report
- Kishore Chandra Deo Expresses Condolence Over Killing of Panchayat Representatives in J&K and Urges State Government to Provide Adequate
- I&B Minister Smt. Ambika Soni meets Delhi CM to review Digitisation progress
- Revised Tariff Value of RBD Palmolein, Brass Scraps (All Grades), Gold and Silver Notified
- Kelkar Committee Report Upload! ed on Finance Ministry Website to Invite Comments from all Sections of the People
- Japan Commits Over Rs. 7800 Crore ODA Loan to India
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100) August 2012
- Trial Run of e-ticketing at Qutb Minar
- National Archives of India to Organize Exhibition of Indigenous Textiles
- Kumari Selja Inaugurates Consultative workshop on UNESCO Category-II Centre for World Heritage
- Petroleum Ministry Clarifies Reports; Says No Ban on Release of New LPG Connections
- Vishwakarma Rashtriya Puraskar and National Safety Awards for the Performance Year 2010 Presented
- Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW), August, 2012
- Rajgarh Project Approved
- J&K Projects Gets Investment Clearance
- Levy of Service Tax on Railway Passengers Travelling in Ac Classes/First Class from 1st October 2012
- Spectrum Fee Waived off for Community Radios
- Rice Sown in 367.65 Lakh Hectare
- India to Host COP - 11
- DHR and DBT to Collaborate for Deliverable & Affordable Health Technologies
- Over 90 Million Indians are at Risk for Vascular Diseases
- MOD Sanctions Additional Personnel Manpower for Visakhpatnam Airport
- Minister for Water Resources Releases Atlas on Aquifer systems of India
- Make Nirmal Bharat ( open defecation free country) a national obsession-Jairam
- 12, 68,766 Titles Distributed under Forest Rights Act
- United States and I! ndia sign a Memorandum of Understanding on Antitrust Cooperation
Friday, 28 September 2012
Gifts in China: what to give, what to avoid (infographic)
This month’s Illuminant’s Chinese Takeout focuses on China’s gift culture: what gifts are good, auspicious and lucky, and which gifts you should avoid giving!
As our infographic says in its introduction, receiving a gift from a Chinese business or government contact and not having an appropriate gift to give in return causes embarrassment and a sense of debt (which is unhelpful in a Chinese negotiation). Conversely, the giving of a gift to a Chinese party (and catching him or her without a response) can put you into a stronger position, at least to be able to secure a follow-up meeting!
If you find this month’s infographic helpful, please consider checking our other Illuminant’s Chinese Takeouts: A Realistic Overview of China, Understanding Chinese Holidays for Better Business Outcomes, and Colors to Use and Colors to Avoid in China.
Scroll to the bottom to download a high-resolution version in PDF.
Special credit for this month’s infographic goes to our awesome researcher Nicky Ruan for the topic and research, and our funky new designer Gina Kim for her terrific illustrations.
Wednesday, 26 September 2012
Monday, 24 September 2012
Sunday, 23 September 2012
Saturday, 22 September 2012
Friday, 21 September 2012
Thursday, 20 September 2012
Wednesday, 19 September 2012
I am interested in learning Chinese predictions done from Tea leaves pattern in tea cup after we have drunk tea.
Tuesday, 18 September 2012
Monday, 17 September 2012
Sunday, 16 September 2012
Today is last day of Adhik Maas in India as per Hindu Panchaang.
Today I am taking last session in SIBM for Bisiness Ethics and Responsible Business Course.
Saturday, 15 September 2012
Friday, 14 September 2012
Thursday, 13 September 2012
Wednesday, 12 September 2012
- PM's media statement during state visit of President of Palestine
- 21 FDI Proposals Amounting to Rs. 2410 Crore Approved
- Anand Sharma Inaugurates India Show in Brno, Czech Republic
- India and Bangladesh Discuss Bilateral Cultural Cooperation
- International Crude Oil Prices of Indian Basket Increase on 10.9.2012 to US$ 113.30/BBL
- TRAI Extends Last Date For Comments on Draft Regulation on Standards of Quality of Telephone Services of Basic Telephone Service (Wireline) and Cellular Mobile Telephone Service (Second Amend! ment) Regulations, 2009 (7 of 2009) on Financial Disincentives
- Civil Aviation Minister Directs Air India to Implement DGCA Guidelines on Flight Duty Time Limitations (FDTL) For ITS Pilots and Crew Members
- Gen Bikram Singh Reviews Operational Readiness of Southern Army
- Progress of Tourist Visa on Arrival Scheme in August 2012
- Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs Conference on Corporate Governance- "Inspiring Confidence in Indian Business"
- 325 Dangerous Black Spots Identified in 13 States
Tuesday, 11 September 2012
Paying homage to father of white revolution in India Dr Verghese Kurien, who catapulted India from being a milk-deficient country to the world's largest milk producer, 'Amul's' mascot for the first time ever was seen weeping (since 1964) in an advertisement.
"Thank You For Giving us Hausla, Pragati & Anand......Dr V Kurien 1912-2012," the ad released by Amul's advertising agency DaCunah Communications read.
The ad shows the young iconic Muppet, usually attired in polka dot frock and shown smiling, draped in a saree and weeping, with two ladies standing alongside.
Photographs, courtesy: Amul
Image: Tribute to Verghese Kurien.
Monday, 10 September 2012
Sunday, 9 September 2012
Saturday, 8 September 2012
Friday, 7 September 2012
Thursday, 6 September 2012
Increase in Number of Foreign CompaniesAs per the 55th Annual Report on the working and administration of the Companies Act 1956 for the year ended March 2011, the number of foreign companies has increased from 2609 as on 31.3.2008 to 3127 as on 31.3.2011. There has been consistent increase in the number of foreign companies which have a place of business in the country.
The Government has initiated several steps in the recent past to ensure business friendly environment and to encourage foreign investment in India such as:
i. Allowing foreign investment in Infrastructure Debt Funds (IDFs)
ii. Allowing AD banks to allow pledge of shares acquired under the FDI scheme.
iii. Allowing general permission for transfer of shares in the financial sector and where the pricing guidelines are not met but where the SEBI pricing guidelines are met.
iv. The FII limit for investment in government securities and corporate bonds has been increased to US$ 20 billion and 45 billion respectively.
v. Lock-in period and residual maturity for the schemes relating to FII investment in infrastructure debt and non-resident investment in infrastructure Development Funds (IDFs) were rationalized.
vi. Qualified Foreign Investors (QFIs) were permitted to invest in non-infrastructure corporate bonds up to a limit of US$ 1 billion.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Finance, Shri Namo Narain Meena in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Wednesday, 5 September 2012
Tuesday, 4 September 2012
Saturday, 1 September 2012
Good Corporate Governance is Essentially about Effective & Responsible Leadership -Dr. M.Veerappa MoilyUnion Corporate affairs Minister Dr. M. Veerappa Moily has underlined the need to bring in such a good corporate Governance that is essentially about effective and responsive leadership which calls for integrity, transparency and accountability. Dr. Moily was addressing the 2nd ICSI CORPORATE GOVERNANCE WEEK here in at New Delhi today. The minister said in the dynamic global environment good governance has assumed considerable importance and it is an essential requirement for socio economic development and a tool for inclusive growth. Also the reputation of corporates contributes 75% to success of Good Governance. He complimented the Institute of Company Secretaries of India for this initiative and said that ICSI has always demonstrated its commitment to corporate governance and is playing a leaders role in promoting good corporate governance practices amongst corporate India .
Dr. Moily said his ministry has always been in the forefront to facilitate corporate growth and at the same time putting in place an enlightened regulatory environment that ensures sustainable, equitable and inclusive development. It also ensures best corporate governance and practices for the purpose of accountable, responsible and transparent system of corporate governance.
He said the National Policy on Corporate Governance which is being drafted by committee headed by Mr. Adi Godrej to provide a world class corporate administration framework to facilitate growth of corporate sector in the country. Also, the Competition Amendment Bill has been drafted and is under the consideration of Group of Ministers head by the Finance Minister. The Minister said for the ease of doing business in India a committee is being formed consisting of members from all the relevant sectors concerned directly or indirectly with doing business in our country. The aim is to have a measurable target in terms of improvement in the rankings within a period of next 3 to 5 years.
Dr. Moily ensured that the New Companies Bill 2011 will be passed soon and will be instrumental in enlightening the regulator environment for better sustainability . He once again stressed on the need for economic stability & progress intertwined with Corporate Social Responsibility .
The other prominent speakers included Shri Nesar Ahmad , President ,The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI), Mr. Sunil Kant Munjal, Joint Managing Director ,Hero Motorcorp Ltd, Mr. U Venkataraman ,CEO –Currency Derivatives Segment and Whole Time Director ,MCX Stock Exchange, Shri P K Mittal, Council Member, ICSI, Shri Rajiv Bajaj , Chairman Northern India Regional Council and Shri N K Jain, Secretary & CEO of ICSI.
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) has observed the 2nd ICSI CORPORATE GOVERNANCE WEEK on the theme ‘Good Governance For Sustainability’, from August 27th to August 31st 2012 across the Country. The idea behind the ICSI Corporate Governance Week is to create awareness, propagate the best practices of corporate governance and mainstream corporate responsibility in the social fabric.
Ministry-wise PIB releases
- Officer Trainees of the 111th Induction Training Programme for State Civil Service Officers Promoted to the IAS Call-on the President of India
- President Meets Participants of "Save Girl Ch! ild" Skating Rally
- Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2012
- Women's Education in Minority Areas
- Education in Backward Regions and for Poor Children
- Teaching of Value Education in Schools
- Setting up of Digital Panchayat Centres
- PIB Lauches Mobile Version of its Website
Possible to Access PIB's Website Over Very Slow Internet Connection
- FM'S Statement Regarding GDP Numbers for First Quarter for 2012-13; Emphasizes Once Again the Need to take Quick Decisions to Accelerate Investments and Removing all Bottlenecks to Investments
- Change in Tariff Value of Palmolein-RBD, Brass Scrap, Gold & Silver Notified
- Ministry of Finance Notifies Advance Price Agreement (APA) Scheme
- India Asean Pledge to Conclude Services Agreement Negotiations by December
Anand Sharma Tasks Negotiators to Include Product-Specific Rules of Origin in FTA
- Index of Eight Core Industries (Base: 2004-05=100), July 2012
- International Crude Oil Price of Indian Basket Registers Sharp Increase on 30.08.2012 to US$ 111.23/BBL
- Consumer Price Index Numbers for Industrial Workers (CPI-IW) July 2012
- Increasing Speed of Passenger Trains
- Carrying Capacity of General Coaches in Trains
- World's Highest Railway Bridge Over Chenab River
- Connecting Border Areas of Nepal with New Railway Lines
- Elimination of Unmanned Railway Crossings
- Stringent Mobile Radiation Standards Come into Force from tomorrow
- Sibal Releases Special Issue of 'Yojana' Dedicated to Electronic System Design and Manufacturing & IT, Says India to become Global Electronics Hub
- Civil Aviation Minister Directs AAI not to Undertake Construction work at Jaipur Airport for Runway Extension During Day time to Avoid Flight Disruptions
- Separate Aviation Security Force
- DGCA on Air Fares
- EU Enforcement of Carbon Tax
- Rice Sowing Crosses Normal Sowing Area for this Week;
- Incentives to Increase Production of Pulses
- Contingency plan to Tackle Drought Like Situation
- Diesel, seed Subsidy to Compensate Farmers for Additional Expenditure Due to Drought
- Medicinal Usage of Panchagavya
- Central Drug Controller for Ayush Drugs
- Adverse Health Impact of Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Reservation of Seats in Medical Colleges
- Free Treatment of BPL People
- Assessment of Ayush Colleges
- Adverse Effects of Computer use on Children's Vision
- New Chief of Integrated Defence Staff to the Chairman, Chiefs of Staff Committee (CISC) Takes Over
- Growth in Tourism Industry
- National Institute of Water Sports
- Development of Tourist Spots with Foreign Assistance
- Hunar Se Rozgar Scheme
- National Mission on Food Processing
- 23 Cold Storage Projects Sanctioned So Far this Year
- Sanitation coverage in rural areas witness high increase.
- Minerals Concessions to PSUs
- State Coordination-Cum-Empowered-Committee (SCEC)
- Tea Tribe Community
- Forest Rights Committee
- Vocational Training Centres in Tribal Areas
- Minor Forest Produce of Medicinal Plants
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowships for STs
- Development of Tribal Areas in Odisha
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Artisan Welfare Fund Trust
- Industries for Rural Women
- HYDRO Power Projects
- Thermal Power Projects
- Foreign Companies in Power Sector
- Estimates of Gross Domestic Product for the First Quarter (April-June) of 2012-13
- Initiatives to Protect the Welfare of Overseas Indian Workers
- Mahatma Gandhi Suraksha Yojana
- Awareness Campaign to Sensitize NRI Marriage Issue
- Procurement of Foodgrains for Anganwadis
- Sensitive Approach towards Women Employees
- Central Advisory Committee on Combating Trafficking
- Deepak S. Parekh, Gurcharan Das & Ms. Rama Bijapurkar nominated to the EPAG of Competition Commission of India.
- Good Corporate Governance is Essentially about Effective & Responsible Leadership -Dr. M.Veerappa Moily
- Dr. C. P. Joshi Inaugurates India Infrastructure Summit - 2012
ΨCSuiteMentor© ØMSME ⊕Startup ΘEnterpriseMentor ϖProBonoAdvisor βPolicy φPolitics ⊕Strategy ∅Thinker ϕArtist| Educator| |Advisor | Ex Censor | Excellence Assessor | Startup and C-Suite MentorEx MNC Director Startup and C-Suite Mentor
"A good laugh is sunshine in the house." via Quote of the Day http://ift.tt/2hwnrBq Charles Caleb Colton "The p...
"It is now life and not art that requires the willing suspension of disbelief." via Art Quote of the Day http://ift.tt/2mWA21...