- Improved performance and productivity in school, work, relationships etc.
- Personal development
- Achievement of goals and dreams
- Improved learning
- Identification of skills
- Exposure to diverse knowledge
- Improved quality of life in the workplace / home
- Greater flexibility and adaptability to change
- Greater understanding of self
- Have a sounding board
Wednesday, 9 March 2016
Mentor. Types. Mentoring Benefits - Article 2.
A mentor is, by definition, a trusted guide or helper.
Mentoring is an ongoing relationship that produces extraordinary results in people’s lives.
There are different types of mentoring including:
• Traditional mentoring - in which a more experienced person (the mentor) mentors the less experienced person (the mentee)
• Peer mentoring - in which peers of similar ages and / or similar stages in life or career mentor each other (and, in some instances, reverse mentoring occurs - when someone less senior mentors a more senior person)
Mentors work with mentees by providing support through specialised mentoring skills as well as knowledge and personal experience. Through the process of mentoring, mentees are supported to increase their awareness, deepen their learning, improve their performance, achieve their goals and aspirations and enhance their quality of life.
Mentoring has many benefits for both the mentee and the mentor.
Mentee benefits include:
ΨCSuiteMentor© ØMSME ⊕Startup ΘEnterpriseMentor ϖProBonoAdvisor βPolicy φPolitics ⊕Strategy ∅Thinker ϕArtist| Educator| |Advisor | Ex Censor | Excellence Assessor | Startup and C-Suite MentorEx MNC Director Startup and C-Suite Mentor
"A good laugh is sunshine in the house." via Quote of the Day http://ift.tt/2hwnrBq Charles Caleb Colton "The p...
"It is now life and not art that requires the willing suspension of disbelief." via Art Quote of the Day http://ift.tt/2mWA21...