Saturday, 30 July 2016

Sharing - C-Suitism - My Uncopyright - Satire

Saw this on Linkedin. Sorry do not know whom to give credit.

Sharing - C-Suitism - My Uncopyright - Satire

Edit post
Next few posts I wish to share with readers about the ism's that I have come across in my work life. Some are great, some are humorous, some satirical yet most of them qualified for my terming them together as C-Suitism ! 
Few weeks ago, I posted one with a Picture called Scepticism and everyone knows what it is.  There is a small caveat for the readers - This material is picked from different sources and I am unable to give due credit to the right people but whatever are my own original thoughts - they have 'Uncopyright' and you can use that material freely without bothering about attributing it to me or giving credit to me. Thank you.
Let us begin with some "ism" Quotes I found very utilitarian i.e. useful to quote here :). They are from GoodReads.com.  You may find a treasure there.

Quotes About Isms

Quotes tagged as "isms" (showing 1-5 of 5)
“For in spite of itself any movement that thinks and acts in terms of an ‘ism' becomes so involved in reaction against other ‘isms' that it is unwittingly controlled by them. For it then forms its principles by reaction against them instead of by a comprehensive, constructive survey of actual needs, problems, and possibilities.”
― John Dewey
Disclaimer: -I do not intend 'C-Suitism' to create any positive or negative reactions from the C-Suite fraternity. I do foresee a comprehensive, constructive survey of their actual needs, problems and possibilities though. (Italics are mine),
“The irony of American history is the tendency of good white American as to presume racial innocence. Ignorance of how we are shaped racially is the first sign of privilege. In other words. It is a privilege to ignore the consequences of race in America.”
― Tim Wise
“To competently perform rectifying security service, two critical incident response elements are necessary: information and organization.”
― Robert E. Davis
“To us, the high-resounding “isms” to which our contemporaries ask; us to give our allegiance, now, in 1948, are all equally futile: bound to be betrayed, defeated, and finally rejected by men at large, if containing anything really noble; bound to enjoy, for the time being, some sort of noisy success; if sufficiently vulgar, pretentious and soul-killing to appeal to the growing number of mechanically conditioned slaves that crawl about our planet, posing as free men; all destined to prove, ultimately, of no avail.”
― Savitri Devi
Disclaimer/Claimer: I tend to agree with her quote above as I believe it is still contemporary and relevant in 2016. (Italics are mine). I especially like the Bold text in the quote above.
“...ism's are not good. A person should not believe in an ism. He should believe in himself.”
― Ferris Beuller
Disclaimer:Claimer: I partially agree with the above. While I agree a person should believe in himself - I feel ism's are good and one should believe or create one's own ism. If I was younger - I would have created 'Parkheism' rather than 'C-Suitism' and actually copyrighted it. 
Enjoy my short series of articles which I shall publish here for a while till my collected ism's get over :) ! The idea is to share the reading pleasure and get few Likes in return. 
 
Post a Comment

10 Mind-Blowing Things That Happened This Week (11/24/17)

OUR WORLD MORRIS M.   NOVEMBER 24, 2017 Share 22 Stumble Tweet Pin +1 Share SHARES 22 Keeping up with the news is...