Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Does this HR definition still hold good?

TERM OF THE DAYAUGUST 16, 2016
human resourcesf   t
The division of a company that is focused on activities relating to employees. These activities normally include recruiting and hiring of new employees, orientation andtraining of current employees, employee benefits, and retention. Formerly calledpersonnel.
Read more

USAGE EXAMPLE
When I got my new job, I had to report to the human resources department for new worker orientation and to set up my tax information.

I subscribe to different newsletters.  I found this definition / Term of the Day for HR interesting.  Has HR evolved to have new definitions / does still fulfill the definition mentioned above/ Has HR completely transformed and moved ahead?  
I am wondering. 
Post a Comment

10 Mind-Blowing Things That Happened This Week (11/24/17)

OUR WORLD MORRIS M.   NOVEMBER 24, 2017 Share 22 Stumble Tweet Pin +1 Share SHARES 22 Keeping up with the news is...